The Irish Forest School Association are delighted to announce the launch of our regional networks. These regional networks form our Autumn Gathering for 2020 – ‘Nurturing Connections in New Directions’.
We want to build local networks of forest school practitioners to share ideas, to deepen our practice and to help make FS available more widely across Ireland. IFSA feels this is a core part of our work as a national organisation to ensure the quality of FS practice here.
On the weekend of 17/18 October 2020 there will be five gatherings, either on Saturday 17th or on Sunday 18th of October, in different parts of the country:
- Dublin: Bushy Park, D6W; hosted by Ruairi Shelley & Ross Wareham (Sat 17th)
- Northwest: Clevaragh Forest, Co. Sligo; hosted by Tricia Mc Loughlin (Sat 17th)
- North: Glasswater Wood, Co. Down; hosted by Amy Dixon (Sat 17th)
- West: Lees Road, Ennis, Co. Clare; hosted by Grainne Vaughan & Veronica McGuire (Sun 18th)
- South: Killeagh, Co. Cork; hosted by Niamh Geoghegan (Sun 18th)
Each Gathering will be hosted by regional forest school practitioners, find out more about our hosts here.
This event is designed as a skill-share type of sharing of best practice and ideas with each other.
Booking are now open: There is no cost to current IFSA members who have priority booking until 5th Oct after which it will be opened to non-members at a cost of €10.
Each event will be strictly limited to a maximum of 15 persons and will comply with all Covid-19 regulations. Participants will provide their own food and drinks and, as always, wear warm and waterproof clothing.
The event is subject to Government Covid-19 guidelines.