We had a very successful Virtual Campfire event on 11th June with over 55 people participating. Thanks to all who participated and shared with us. It was fantastic to connect!
Below are links to resources mentioned at the event that may be helpful for you as you plan and reopen your Forest School activities.
- IFSA – Resources for Reopening FS
- Dept. of Education and Skills – Planning for reopening schools
- Letter Template for getting in touch with local services, schools etc.
- UK FSA COVID19 Guidance Document
In addition, here are some key points regarding Early Years that may be of relevance:
- Early Learning & School Age Childcare services can reopen from 29 June
- Same adult to child ratios as usual will apply
- Requirement to meet public health recommendations
- Updated Policies, Procedures, Health and Safety Audit and Risk Assessments required (on drop off and collection, hand-washing, respiratory hygiene and infection control)
- Social distancing required between adults i.e. between co-workers, between staff and parents
- Play Pods’ to be implemented with groups of children and their key worker to facilitate contact tracing, where the same group/pod of children remain together with a single staff member while attending
- Same space ratios will apply
- Outdoor Summer Camps permitted to go ahead from 29 June
Please be aware the COVID-19 situation is constantly evolving with updated Government guidance issued frequently. See Gov.ie for more details.
Here are ideas for getting outside in nature for getting outside in nature at this time!
We’re inviting members to complete this survey if you’d like to connect with FS practitioners in your region.
If you are not already a Member of IFSA, please consider joining to support us support you.
The IFSA ACORN